- Juicing, specifically juice cleansing or fasting, allows your digestive system to rest, so that the body has freed up energy to support elimination, recovery and healing, instead of laboring to digest heavier meals. During a time of juice cleansing, cells can repair themselves and detoxify. Freshly pressed juices provide easily assimilated living enzymes, vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients, anti-oxidants and yes, protein!
- Juicing breaks down vegetables (and fruit), making the nutrition much easier to assimilate, so you will receive most of the nutrition. So a juicing protocol for someone who has any kind of impaired digestion is an excellent, healing course of action.
- Juicing allows a higher consumption of fruits and vegetables, as some people may find eating an adequate amount of fibrous fruits and vegetables difficult. One can easily get a higher level of vital nutrients into the body with a tall glass of freshly pressed juice.
- You can add a wider variety of vegetables in your diet. Many people eat the same vegetables, raw or cooked, every day. Foods should be rotated to prevent developing allergies. With juicing, you can explore a wide variety of fruits and vegetables that you may not normally enjoy eating whole.
- Juicing is a great way to use any abundance that you may get from your garden, farmers market or CSA — especially the ones you don’t know what to do with.
Tuesday, July 3, 2012
Wednesday, June 27, 2012
Cleanse America Wellness Warrior Kristina Carrillo-Bucaram of Rawfully Organic Co-op - http://www.rawfullyorganic.com & FullyRaw - http://www.fullyraw.com was invited this morning to appear on FOX NEWS to share her story, her success with Rawfully Organic, and even a super easy Peach Cobbler Recipe!
So proud of the hard work, effort and passion - we all have a role to play in getting the word out!! YAY Kristina!!!
Tuesday, June 26, 2012
To celebrate our last evening in pisturesque Driggs, Idaho, we decided to make a lovely creekside dinner for our gracious hosts. The menu was composed of recipes, or a slight variation of those from our Raw Food Recipe Collection for our summer 10-Day Cleanse. Here was the view from our table:
We started the mingling guests off with an appetizer course of a simple and delicious guacamole that Paul made with avocados, garlic, cilantro, nutritional yeast, Himalayan salt & cracked black pepper. Then we started the meal with the Sweet Tomato & Fresh Herb Soup:
Dinner was a simple salad of fresh & local greens tossed in Linda Wagner's Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing. We also served Mimi Kirk's Succulent Summer Tomatoes and Marinated Portobellos:
Then to finish the perfect meal and evening, Paul got creative with what ingredients were on hand and created a variation of his Captain Cleanse America Superfood Shake, turing it into more of a pudding by adding extra bananas and some dates.
We'll miss this beautiful part of the United States. If you ever have the opportunity to visit the Teton Valley, please jump at the chance! We also have another real treat to share from our time here. A few days ago we created a beautiful fruit cake with some of our special little friends. Please click here for the video - We promise you'll love it!!
The Cleanse America Community Site is a thriving hub of inspiration, motivation, education and support. The current cleanse content including recipes and daily videos will be available until Septemeber 10th, so please some join us, if you haven't already. You won't be disappointed! www.cleanseamerica.com
Have a beautiful week!
The Cleanse America Team
Friday, June 22, 2012
- be a member of our current Cleanse
- LIKE us on FACEBOOK
- Share about Cleanse America on your blogs, Facebook, Twitter, etc (we'll trust you)
- Add your name, where you live and how you found out about Cleanse America when you enter the drawing.
Thursday, June 21, 2012
Tuesday, June 19, 2012
Monday, June 18, 2012
The first day of summer 2012 AND Cleanse America's 10-Day Cleanse will start this Wednesday, June 20th!
Our Founder, Paul Risse & I are flying out to Wyoming today and will be setting up the Cleanse America Mobile Headquarters in the Tetons. We'll be spending the first half of the cleanse there along with our Creative Director & videographer, Daniel Hayhurst, who is currently living in Driggs, Idaho. If you are already registered and at our Community Site, you'll be getting glimpses of the beautiful landscape and mountains of Idaho & Wyoming via photos and videos during the cleanse!
Since we'll be spending much of today in the air, I wanted to leave you with a delicious recipe that is part of our recipe collection for our summer cleanse. We have over 80 delicious recipes just waiting for you to enjoy at our Community Site! To get the recipes, Guidelines for Cleansing, all the videos that will be shared during the cleanse and to access the amazing support of like-minded people from all over the globe - click here to register. Once you've paid the registration fee (just $25), you will be sent a link that will take you right to our Community Site to sign in and get geared up for this Wednesday's Cleansing Extravaganza!
1 cup julienned yellow & zucchini squash
2 tomatoes, seeded & diced
1 small red bell pepper, seeded & julienned
1 small cucumber, peeled if not organic, diced
1/3 cup Kalamata olives, pitted then halved
¼ cup sliced red onion
1 - 2 tablespoons cold pressed organic extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Himalayan salt & freshly ground black pepper
Fresh mint sprigs to garnish
In a large bowl combine ingredients and gently toss. Serve with fresh mint sprigs as garnish.
Much love & Vibrant Health to you!